The Governor (1) appoints the Texas Council (2) which contains representatives from CRP's, political subdivisions, private citizens, and selected agencies. This council determines a fair market price (3) for goods and services produced through the State Use WorksWonders Program. And, although political subdivisions are bound by law to get competitive bids, this restriction is waived (4) when purchases are made through TIBH.
Benefits of the Program
How We Help People With Disabilities
- Provide stable, vocational rehabilitation for individuals with disabilities in the community.
- Provide people with disabilities the opportunity to become self-sufficient.
- Encourage efforts to deinstitutionalize people with disabilities.
- Provide training, meaningful employment and fair wages for individuals with disabilities.
How We Help Customers
- Customers receive great products and services.
- Customers receive a competitive price without the hassles of administering a competitive bid.
- The program offers a wide variety of options with its products and services.
- Each contract is negotiated individually, allowing for customization to meet specific wants and needs.
- Customers have one point of contact for all questions involving the State Use Program.
How We Help Taxpayers
- The State Use Program has proven to reduce the cost of care for people with disabilities.
- National studies have shown a positive savings of 10 cents to 35 cents for every dollar of purchases made through State Use Programs.
- By adding workers with disabilities to the work force, the program helps increase the tax base.
- Since CRPs are located in large and small communities, the program also stimulates local area economic growth.